Monday, October 6, 2008

Be Thou and Example




I have been so moved and motivated by all of your conference blogs, let me join in on the
conference blogging, to share with you what we did yesterday, we just the slightly less active and irreverent! I took the kids to the highly spiritual Beverly Hills Chihuahua! Now this movie didn't get great reviews, but I thought it was really cute! It was a comedy, and the dogs are dressed up in clothes, it was a joke! If you take the movie serious then yeah, you might not like it, but it was entertaining for a stay at home mom and a dog lover! If you are not either of those, then maybe this film is not for you. The kids and I had a good laugh, then on our way home, Sky begged and begged to go to Hollywood Video to see if he could rent the new Batman Lego game.


Sky manipulated me into going, I said they will be all sold out, that is a new video game.


Sky said "how about this" If they are all sold out I'll give you a dollar, if they have one, you give me a dollar"


OK, so we went in and they had one left, he was so tickled!! We get back in the car and Sky said, I know why they had one in stock, "It is Sunday, and everyone else is at home watching church on TV, so I got the last one" Next time a new video game comes out, I want to come to Hollywood Video on Sunday so I can rent that one too!"




Nice parenting skills I have huh, lesson learned (for me that is)


p.s. if you are wondering why this new blog, please see former post!!






17 comments:

rychelle said...

when i saw the previews for this movie, i thought i was being punk'd.
but, i'm glad you and the kids enjoyed it!

Kristina P. said...

Yeah, I won't be seeing this movie, unless my friend Amanda makes me.

Erin said...

The Lego video game was a pretty funny story. And the commercials for the movie look ridiculous, but my kids love dogs, so they may MAKE me rent it.

Vanessa said...

I just like you that much more that you admitted you didn't watch conference and went to a movie instead. Rock on!

Jillene said...

SWEET!! Maybe I will follow suit next Conference!!

My kids REALLY want to see the movie..I guess I can take them now that you said it was funny!

*MARY* said...

Yeah, I guess it's best this post goes on the incognito blog.

Brittany Marie said...

Yeah, I won't be seeing this movie. Ever.
I avoid movies that have:

1) chihuahuas (they're dead to me)
2) dogs wearing clothes
3) talking dogs

You can see my dilemma.

Wendy said...

yeah, I wasn't expecting much, I heard the only people who would like this movie was people who liked the taco bell dog, gag!!
that is probably why I liked it I was prepared for utterly stupid!!
so now if you are expecting to like it, it always lets you down!!

Wendy said...

Kristina, does your friend Amanda have a blog? I want to write and and bribe here with some sort of amazing prize to make you sit through that movie!!

carrhop said...

Sounds like a fun afternoon was had by all!

So glad for your comments over at my place--good for you, standing up against the guys who were throwing around the bad language! You brave little thing!!!
Blessings!

Just SO said...

I can totally understand why you changed blogs. I would be a bit weirded out as well.

My kids want to see that movie but we probably won't go. Ever since the Taco bell dog those little Chihuahua's have creeped me out. That and the connection that they have with Paris Hilton. *gag*

Anonymous said...

My boys laugh at dogs out on the street that have clothes. If they saw this movie I think they would pee their pants.

Kristina P. said...

Wendy, she does. In fact, she owns a chihuahua that she loves to dress up in clothes.

If you go to my blog, and then go to Book Club girls, she's Miss Amanda.

Wendyburd1 said...

Uhhh I LOVE doggies, you know my man MAX, but chihuahuas that speak and stuff...I'll probably rent it when it's out on dvd...I'm a pushover. Firehouse Dog, saw it, loved it. Wonderdog, saw it, loathed it (and Jason Lee was the voice, only good part!).
Will you give ME a dollar if I don't post this on HOUSE of ART? I AM SO KIDDING!! Thought a good jolt might be needed!

Anonymous said...

I so will go see the movie. and I love love that you went on a sunday because I do that stuff but I'm so ashamed to admit. In fact this conference weekend we went on vacay and on the way back stopped off at an Oktoberfest. and although we didn't drink... its probably not the place you'd be telling everyone about.

Wendyburd1 said...

I LOVE all us NON- Molly Mormons!! *HUGGLES for all*

Anonymous said...

People should read this.